5.24.2009

asia to europe to home.

wow. this is my first official day out of Asia in nearly a year. How does it feel, you might ask? um, nothing less than amazing. I have been in Berlin for no more than five seconds, and yea i sat down to right a blog already...but i already feel at home. Berlin, from what i caught through the bus windows, seems fantastic so far. Reminds me a bit of San Francisco, and it feels great to see so many cyclists, not to mention the immaculately clean streets, lush green parks, promenades filled with trees, and -a new phenomenon to me-beer gardens everywhere! could this city get any better?
I guess this is just to check in and tell ya'll where i am today, and also to say that i cannot wait to be home. I slept on a concrete floor, at the Bangkok airport for 12 hours. Slept, is actually another word for laid there; looking like a wreck, delirious, and exhausted, in a pile of bags. It took me another 12 hours to fly from Bangkok to Berlin, and at long last I have safely arrived in Europe, and needless to say it is glorious.
i can hardly believe how quickly my time away is winding down, but i can also hardly believe how excited i am to see all of my wonderful friends....andi know only about three of you actually read this. ;)
it feels like im anticipating the prom or something, and am hurriedly trying to prep myself for the big day.

well..thats all for now. im slowly slowly inching my way home, and i could not be happier.
the next few days will be filled with sunshine, bike riding, great beers, hopefully at leat a few good conversations, lots of site seeing, and taking in this fascinating and historical city. what a wonderful life.

thanks for reading..and i cannot wait to see you!

1 comment:

emily t. said...

hey sid -- its em! I know you are probably meeting up with old friends and whatnot in Seattle first, but are you back? And if so have you had enough of your fill with them to be able to break away and give me a few minutes?? call me!! I will email you my number, k? I love and have missed you much!

xoxo.
~em